After not-approving a non-spam comment at last, I thought it time to post a comment policy in case there’s ever any question.
In summary, the rules of my blog are:
If you need more detailed rules:
- My blog. My rules. This is not a democracy but a fascist dictatorship. While you visit my territory, you are entitled to my opinion. I am not entitled to yours. Again, YOU CAN DANCE WITH ME, OR YOU CAN GET OFF MY DANCE FLOOR.
- If you’ve commented in the past and had your comment approved, usually your next ones will post without being held in moderation. That said, I do get new comment alerts, and I can moderate them at any time.
- Be polite to others who are commenting.
- If your comment is aimed at flaming, baiting, or otherwise being a douche, it will probably never see the light of the day. Because this is my blog and arguing with idiots on the internet makes me tired, and I have very little energy for negativity. I may approve it, if only to disemvowel it so you know it came through but that I have no plans to engage with you.
- If I *do* let your comment through, and I dislike it, it will likely only be so I can mock you and/or correct your spelling.
- If I find you particularly stupid, I will likely only reply in gif form and not allow you to reply in your own defense.
- I will give the benefit of the doubt to commenters I know over those I don’t. If you show up on my blog and I have no idea who the hell you are and you post something outright douchey, argumentative, or otherwise irritates me (which can vary depending on my mood), I will not approve your comments.
- Anything threatening or harassing is kept in a file for future reference, and I reserve the right to expose any identifiable information–including name, email, IP address–if you make threatening comments to myself or others. I do not play well with stalkers.
- Particularly sensitive blog topics are heavily moderated as the need for others to have a safe space is more important to me than giving idiots a platform to spout shit.
- If you have a problem with any of this this, fill out the form below.