NOTE: This is closed. I drew a name Friday, contacted the person on Saturday. Prize is being sent off. Thanks for playing!
I have a big stack of books here.
Okay, not that many now. I sold a couple. Gave away a couple others. But you get the picture--I have more Hunter than I currently know what to do with.
I have to go to the post office in a few days to mail stuff, once my paycheque transfers and I have more than $8 to my name (glamorous life of an author, y'all). And I want to send YOU a book for Christmas/Solstice/Horus's Bday/what have you.
Yes, yes, how do I enter?
Leave a comment on this post.
That's it. Really. No hoops. No song and dance. Signed book from me to you.
When do you pick a winner?
On...um...let's say Friday, maybe ($ may not transfer 'til Monday, but we'll see), I will randomly pick a winner from the comments here. Just include your email address when you're replying (you'll see a spot in the comment form) otherwise I'll go to the next in the list as I'm not chasing anyone down.
Of course, I'd love you to RT the link. Or click my new, lonely "Follow this blog" link to the right. Or like me on Facebook. Or post reviews of Bloodlines on Amazon. Or send me cookies. But it's cool if you don't.
I haven't read the first book in the series, Bloodlines.
Hunter features a mostly different cast of characters. You can follow it without reading the first.
Sometimes natural predators need to be kept in check, and for that, there's Ryann David. Orphaned as an infant and raised by an exiled branch of the church to become a warrior for God, she and her fellow members of Venatores Daemonum have trained all their lives with only one purpose: destroy all demons in the mortal realm.
But when Ryann and her team are sent to hunt down a vampire who has killed one of their own, a new world of danger, betrayal, and conspiracy greets her. Allied with an irreverent psychic detective and the very monsters she was raised to kill, Ryann will risk everything—her life, her faith, and her heart—in pursuit of the truth as the black and white existence she knew turns a murky shade of gray.
Want to know more about it? Read the first four chapters in a PDF here. Also, WLP gave it 4.5 Stars, Bells gave it 4 Bells, The Romance Studio raved (despite the lack of romance), and Mel's recommendation was "Hell yes!".
Well, if five things can make a post, five things ABOUT ME must count.
1. The giveaway over at Melissa's blog is now over, and congrats to whoever won the copy of Bloodlines!
2. Right now Mundania is having an anniversary sale for the month of August--all books (print and ebook, as well as gift certificates) are available for 29% off when you enter NINE at checkout. http://mundania.com/book.php?title=Bloodlines That's the ebook for like $3.50 (if I'm doing my math right, which I might not be), available in five different ebook formats and including the short story Thrall (which isn't included in the ebook sold by resellers). The print book is therefore under $10. There are also only three weeks left to enter to win a signed copy of Hunter + a gift card + tons of other goodies, total value around $140, so if you want to enter, now's a good time to pick up Bloodlines and do so. http://www.skyladawncameron.com/hunterprizepack If the contest does well, I'll hold another, hopefully bigger one for Lineage's release. (If it doesn't, I am NEVER holding another contest again, ever. Fool me six thousand times and all that. Contests are very expensive and stressful.)
4. I've updated the series extras page with embedded Zara fan art and other goodies. http://skyladawncameron.com/dob/extras Still more stuff is coming soon. I also made two quickie side banners for those who would like to link to Amends:
(Well, it's true.)
5. Regular readers can stop reading now. Go take a walk. You're looking really nice today and I love you.
To those who are going to hit this due to my cleverly added search phrases, like "skyla dawn cameron Bloodlines torrent" and such...please don't be a douche. I had to ask several people lately to please not steal from me. Look at how simple it is:
- If you can't afford the book, you can get it now for a discount, save up your pennies like everyone else and get it later, or just follow along with the entirely free serial I'm posting. Also, there's the library.
- You can get it in your country either through BookDepository--who ships free to most countries--or by buying from Mundania's site through PayPal (there are no geographical restrictions).
- If you're not sure if it's your thing, you can download three chapters as well as read some reviews.
- If you live in a country that doesn't have PayPal, doesn't have an online store distributing to your area, and you are feeding several children (or cats) and can't afford a $3.50 - $5 book though you can afford a computer + regular internet access, email me and I will send you one. Seriously.
If you are a nice-looking, awesome regular reader who decided to be naughty by continuing to read, you have my sincerest thanks for supporting writers so that they can continue to provide books for your enjoyment. You're so great, in fact, that I'd love to start naming my cats after you, but I'm not allowed to get any more for the time being. Maybe in a few years.
Now, I have Hunter revisions to finish--last chapter plus the epilogue--and a very brief short to be included at the end for the paperback and Mundania-exclusive ebook. As much as I hate revisions, I'm kind of grateful for them as they're keeping my mind off the dog's possible health problems (I won't know anything 'til Thursday, so please don't ask). I may jump into Lineage immediately afterward just for that reason, so yay for that. Also, I'll hopefully be back to blogging about non promo-y things this week when my brain's back on straight again.
* I also grabbed a St. Anthony chaplet with wooden beads. I was going to just get a plain rosary, but that's what Ryann carries in Hunter, so I dropped a couple of extra bucks for it. I'll update the contest page with pics when it arrives.
* Author Krista Ball will be visiting July 15, so mark that on your calendars!
* Diet Game of DOOM stuff is going well enough so far. We keep adding to the wager. If Dina loses, she has to do her lip syncing dressed as a mundane (sans Goth gear). If I do, I have to read a page of Twilight, while sober, and then edit it. Also, there was talk the other night of the scene in Dirty Dancing when Penny and Baby are practicing dancing to "Hungry Eyes." Yeah, here's a visual for you (check it at about 1:58). I am SO not losing this motherfucking thing.
* On a similar note, the fab Lilith Saintcrow has a post up on running that you need to check out. Also click through for Sports Bra of DOOM.
* Speaking of serials, I think Amends will have a new chapter posted every two weeks. I tried to do one a week of another serial years ago and it damn near killed me--I have to much else to do. Each chapter will be 2K words or so, which is a little shorter than a typical chapter is in Bloodlines.
* What I AM going to need, though, is a volunteer proofer. Requirements: a good eye for typos (errors I typically make: missing a word or an extra word added, slightly wrong word used 'cause I type too fast) and hopefully a passing familiarity with the first book. Also, the ability to get a chapter back to me within a few days of receiving it, barring emergencies, would be great, as I'm terrible about writing things last minute. Plus on occasion I may ask for feedback as in, "I was trying to do __ with this scene--does it work?" but beyond that, no, I'm not looking for betaing/critting, so you don't have to think too much about it. Interested? Drop me an email at skyladawncameron[at]gmail[dot]com.
* Hunter revisions are...erm...coming along. I'd like to say well but as soon as I do, something bad will happen. I'm over halfway there, though, and Zara shows up soon, so that should speed it up.
* I had something else to include here but I took too long to write this and now I've forgotten. I'm sure it was fascinating, however.
I was supposed to wait 'til July 1 to announce, but here it is early: I'm giving away some awesome prizes to celebrate the release of Hunter at the end of August. How can you enter? Review Bloodlines.Read more
I've been out of the office the past few days (doing mostly Grownup Stuff) so I think I'm working all weekend. Blargh.
BUT I have awesomeness for you today!
You see...I've been working on something in sekrit. Now you can share it too. It's the Evil League of Evil Writers. From the "About" page:
The Evil League of Evil Writers does not support whining, crying, sniveling, whimpering or bawling about writing, publishing or any aspect thereof. If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on or a sympathetic ear about the rejection letter you've gotten from a literary agent, or a bad review of your work on a site you should never have posted it on, you will not find it here. The ELEW strives to foster realism and toughness amongst the writing community.
The ELEW teaches coping skills and eviltry to writers both seasoned and new. Speshul snoflakes [sic] will be mocked, laughed at, and stabbed with sharp objects before being kicked in their butt-hurt rears.
And the winner is...the lovely and wonderful Jasmine Santos! Jasmine wins her very own copy of any of my books in print (or an advanced review copy of a new one), as well as a $10 gift certificate for Fictionwise. Jasmine, I'll be dropping you an email, so givesomethoughttowhatbookyoumightwant.
Thanks to everyone who blogged about about e-piracy for me!