Next: news. On the upcoming page, it says there's something in January. And to not get excited. Well, the "something" will be...River and Wolfe finally on Kindle.
The books came out years ago--River when Amazon was selling Mobipocket ebooks, which they then pulled so they could start doing Kindle. Still, at least it was on B&N as a Nook Book. And despite people bitching to the contrary (really? seriously? um, GOOGLE??), Wolfe has always been available in various ebook formats on Mundania's site, Fictionwise, ARe, etc. But neither are in the actual Kindle store.
What we're going to do is a duology omnibus. Both books in one, combined for a lower price point than buying them separately. It's an experiment, to be sure, and we'll see how it goes. I'll also be including an author's note, perhaps talking about where the will-never-be-written third book would've gone.
And this is important because there is a high likelihood that, at the end of 2012, the books may go out of print.
I realize some of you like them. I appreciate your kind words about them, truly (when not posted on a piracy board). And perhaps if I had more time and the inclination, I'd revisit revamping them (as I did Bloodlines) but...I really feel done with the world/stories and don't want to rewrite them. I have so many more stories I want to tell instead.
This plan isn't set in stone, of course--I may change my mind. But when you're nearly thirty years old and have grown a lot as a writer, it's kind of hard to have a book you wrote almost a decade ago out there. By the end of 2012, I'll have four novels and a novella out there for purchase, hoping that'll make up for the lost income from retiring River Wolfe.
It's all hypothetical at this point, but if you're wanting either book, next year will probably be the time to get them. The omnibus release date is to be determined--I have to go over both files, actually proofing Wolfe (*whines*) again, and get all that stuff sorted out.
Now. More stuff and things.
- Lineage is out for edits. It is also out as an ARC with someone as a Christmas present. *whistles innocently* *awaits teasing* I think the first chapter of Exhumed may also be included in the book's release.
- I should probably plan promo-y things for Lineage's release (February 21). So far I have a guest post to write for Feb 20 and that's it. If you would like to host me on your blog for an interview/guest post + giveaway or whatever during that time, I'd be ever so grateful. If you're a book blogger and would like to review any of the books in the series, give me a shout. Priority given to those who can review ebooks (PDF, PRC, EPUB, MOBI) but I can usually finagle a few print copies. Email me if interested--messaging at social networking sites isn't usually a good way to track me down. Read moreabout themif interested.
- Exhumed is coming along. I have about 30K words left to write.
- Amends is has been on hold with trying to write three books for NaNo and now coming off of the burn out from that. Time willing, I want to devote a week during the holidays to just write serial stuff for January and beyond. I'll probably have to unplug to get it done.
- I may start posting the odd book review on the blog. Note: I will not be A Book Reviewer. They will be reviews of books I enjoyed as I have to work in this industry and will not bitch about my peers, so no bad reviews. They will be sporadic as I haven't time to read outside of work much. They will likely be by friends of mine because I choose to spend my time and money on those I know. I will be genuine, of course. It's also my way of trying to give back to the community, and I will endeavor to post the reviews on GR and maybe Amazon.