Hello, doves; this will serve as the book SOTU summer update.
So the last few months have been very stressful, and not in the wow-look-at-all-my-money-and-good-fortune-how-do-I-handle-all-this? way. About every two to three weeks something terrible seems to befall me or someone around me, from deaths in the family (including four-legged ones) to my own distressing health issues, and now on the heels of a pet emergency, my mother has had an injury and I’m the sole caregiver while she’s unable to walk.
So here’s what I’m working on:
- getting up at the ungodly hour of 8:30 every morning
- not throwing myself in the canal
- remembering to eat something maybe
- oh good, I still have Ativan
- wait now I have to walk across town because I forgot something
- dogs…so many dogs…and they all have to be taken out
- someone needs to bring me pizza
- now there’s a bunny here
- seriously why can’t dogs just walk themselves, how are they man’s best friend
- hey maybe I can edit for an hour… *passes out*
Not included there are any book things because I just can’t with the book things right now. I’m writing a Heaven Thiering short story for patrons, at least theoretically, if I can remember how to make words in a few weeks, no promises. Everything else is *mumble mumble*. I will also likely be taking a summer hiatus from the ELEW, and normally I’d say “Please see Dina James for all your eviltry needs” but she’s busy too so basically you’re fucked if you need eviltry right now so you are going to have to wreak havoc on your own.
Clients can hire me still but I can only take on new smaller projects this month (covers, formatting, layout), I won’t be able to start new stuff for a few weeks, and there will be a delay in correspondence. Readers can still buy books because that only requires me to click a button that verifies an order, and I’m pretty sure I’m still capable of that much.
Sorry, that’s it for now, but lots of stuff came out already this year, so go read that stuff.